Best Potato Salad...Ever!
This is my all time favorite potato salad recipe! I love that it has sour cream in it instead of mayonnaise and I adore the addition of yellow or orange bell peppers! Sometimes I double up on those!
- 5 large potatoes; peeled, cubed, and boiled
- 1 onion; diced
- 2 tbs+ fresh dill; chopped
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tbs white vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper; chopped
- 2 stalks celery; chopped (optional; I skip this because my dad doesn't love celery)
- 6 hard boiled eggs; chopped (optional)
-1 1/2 cups sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine boiled and cubed potatoes and diced onion in a bowl with the fresh chopped dill in a large bowl
- In a small container, combine the melted butter, white vinegar, and sugar. Pour over potato mixture.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for about 2 hours
- Stir in chopped bell peppers, celery, and eggs if desired
- Stir in sour cream, salt and pepper to taste
- Add more fresh dill to taste, if desired
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh dill, sliced bell pepper, or a quartered egg
This week, the Harvest Boxes will have potatoes, onions, and bell peppers just so I can make this recipe! Don't forget to add on the fresh dill and eggs!