Caprese salad is good, but swap out tomatoes for peaches and add bacon and you've got yourself a gourmet meal! Add avocado to really push this dish up a level!
- 2-3 leaves kale (in this week's Harvest Box)
- 12 slices fresh mozzarella
- Bunch of basil
- Bacon, chopped and cooked
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced (optional)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Fresh ground salt and pepper
- Start by chopping the bacon and cooking it either in the oven or on the stove
- While bacon is cooking, slice the peaches in half, remove the pit, then in half again
- Remove bacon from oven and let drain on a paper towel
- Assemble your caprese. Lay two slices of peaches next to each other on a plate, place a portion on kale on each slice, layer on the fresh mozzarella, then thenoptional avocado, then basil, then bacon. Repeat these layers until you run out of peach slices.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, then top with several grinds of salt and pepper.
This makes a great side, a fun dish for a potluck, or a quick meal for two!