My favorite patriotic dessert growing up was Jello poke cake!
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 1 3.3 oz box of jello (I prefer raspberry, but you can use any flavor!)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs powdered sugar
- Fresh strawberries and blueberries
-Bake cake as instructed on box
- Poke with a fork all over
- Dissolve jello in boiling water, pour in cold water
- Pour jello over cake
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or more
- Whip your cream with the vanilla and powdered sugar
- Remove cake from fridge, top with fresh whipped cream and make a flag on top with sliced strawberries and some blueberries!
This is an delicious and easy recipe for Independence Day!
Photo Credit: Mishelle Segur